Nelvana Limited – A CORUS Entertainment Company
2D/3D Technical Directors
Nelvana Limited has an exciting opportunity for a 3D/2D Technical Director in our Toronto office. Reporting directly to the Directors and Producers, the successful candidate will be responsible for acting as a primary support for technical problems in the production department.
- Provide high-level technical solutions to artists and other TD’s regarding the 3D software, 2D software and hybrid tools, and several Compositing packages.
- Help engineer setups and/or tools to enable efficient throughput of frequently generated elements, which work both internally and externally to the studio.
- Assist as required in modeling, rigging, texturing, lighting, assembly, rendering and compositing of all 3D elements.
- Assist as required in design, breaking, assembly, rendering, and compositing of all 2D elements within Toonboom Harmony 9.
- Experience in communication with other departments/partner studios to facilitate the delivery of assets during production a must.
- Positive, pro-active attitude a must.
- Ability to work independently or within a team.
- Experience with Combustion, Fusion, and Toxik a must.
- Expert technical knowledge of Maya and MEL Scripting and Harmony SQL language required.
- Knowledge of Flash and asset creation within Flash required.
- Strong knowledge of 3D geometry formats, texture mapping options, and character setup.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong interest in Animation Industry and emerging tools/related products
- Knowledge of multiple languages a plus.
Interested applicants are invited to send a resume to:
Judy Leung, Senior Manager Studio Operations
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include Technical Director in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and person with disabilities.