IT Help Desk Technician
The IT Help Desk Technician’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of employee workstations, network equipment, file servers, and UPS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Ensure optimal operation of end-user services, including help desk and technical support, including:
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot 2D, 3D, Video and Administrative user workstations (primarily Mac OSX, Windows PCs and Linux)
- Install, license, configure, update, and troubleshoot 2D, 3D and Video applications, operating systems and software (e.g., Filemaker Pro, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Maintain and update deployable system image strategy for quick configure, install and replacement
- Perform basic repairs of hardware (Macs, PCs, Cintiq’s, etc.)
- Ensure and maintain that all network security protocols and policies are adhered to by all staff members and visitors.
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Follow IT procedure for studio and departmental asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the IT Manager and studio’s end users regarding pertinent IT activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND REQUIRED ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Familiarity with 2D and 3D design and animation applications:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (including After Effects, Photoshop, Animate, and Premiere)
- ToonBoom Storyboard Pro
- ToonBoom Harmony
- Familiarity with digital video editing equipment and concepts, including:
- Mac editorial workstations
- Installation and licensing of plug-ins, extensions, and software utilities
- Color calibration
- Utilizing NAS for editorial file sharing and workflows
- Troubleshooting signal flow and connectivity issues
- Familiarity with Windows Active Directory and DNS servers
- Experience with file storage systems and Linux command line interface, network infrastructure and assessment of power requirements for both workstations and machine room hardware
- Utilization and deployment of FileMaker Server/Advanced/Pro
- Configuring and maintaining network firewalls, switches, and patch panels
- Experience setting up and maintaining video conference rooms
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair Apple hardware, as necessary
- Familiarity with and ability to troubleshoot Mac OSX 10.10-10.13 software
- Familiarity with basic networking fundamentals, imaging hard drives, and deploying VM Ware images, and ability to install plug-ins
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail and initiative
- Ability to evolve with a rapidly changing environment
- Leads by example – contributes to a great work environment
Physical requirements can vary, but in general the position requires the following physical activities:
- Ability to lift a minimum of 10 pounds to a maximum of 50 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada currently – Titmouse is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
If you are interested and qualified for this position, please apply directly on our website: http://titmouse.net/careers/