Snowball Studios is looking for awesome riggers to join our team! The rigging department is integral to any animation studio, and we understand and nurture this. Together, we want to make the most unified and community-oriented asset dev team so that everyone works alongside one another, problem solving together.
- Create advanced character rigs and develop innovative methods to meet project objectives.
- Collaborate with animation to come up with creative solutions to technical and performance related issues.
- Develop and maintain proprietary tools.
- Attend and contribute to regular production and department meetings.
- Test rigs to ensure they meet or exceed both technical and performance specifications.
- Develop new rig modules that adhere to the Snowball pipeline requirements.
- Use tracking software to document the status of tasks and communicate with project team members.
- Provide estimates for rigging tasks and work with production to ensure schedules can be met.
- Identify and provide potential solutions for any potential problems early in production.
- Mentor more junior artists and help to nurture a creative and collaborative environment.
- Provide feedback to the modelling/surfacing department to ensure assets will meet requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest rigging techniques and trends.
- Complete tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Interact with colleagues, staff, partners and clients in a respectful and professional manner at all times.
- Support and integrate a commitment to innovation, creativity, professionalism, inspiration and other core
values of Snowball.
- Additional duties as required.
- 3+ years of rigging experience working in a professional environment.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine art or animation or equivalent work experience.
- Computer Science, Mathematics degree a plus. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Expert in human and animal anatomy/motion including facial expressions and mouth shapes.
- Foundation in traditional art, a good eye for form, weight and movement.
- Strong understanding of animation principles, techniques and styles.
- Working knowledge of Maya animation production pipelines.
- Working knowledge of Python and OOP.
- Strong technical and creative problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Expert at manipulating geometry through standard deformation techniques.
- Solid modelling skills and experience with corrective shape sculpting.
- Ability to communicate and/or demonstrate ideas in a concise way.
- Practices active listening and incorporates feedback and direction received from Leads and Supervisors.
- Open to and encourages new initiatives, shares information and techniques with team members.
- Able to quickly adapt to changes in production and prioritize tasks.
- Solid work ethic and positive attitude. Works well under pressure. Self-motivated and proactive.
- Consistently strives to expand knowledge base and improve skill set.
- Make decisions in a timely manner and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Ability to deliver work on time and meet or exceed set performance objectives.
- Basic knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- C++/Maya API a plus.
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please send your portfolio and resume to email@example.com to apply for the position. Please make sure to include the position being applied for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Comments are closed.