Snowball Studios has an exciting opportunity for an animation Technical Director on a huge hit property. The TD will work closely with the CG Supervisor to establish proper workflows between departments and their artists, along with maintaining the foundation of the pipeline itself.
- Determine, modify and maintain the most effective and efficient technical approach and workflow possible.
- Help artists in solving day-to-day issues, and pro-actively eliminate potential problems in pipeline tools before they impact the production.
- Assist artists in achieving all technical aspects of production including assets dev, rigging, animation, lighting…
- Keep up on current technology trends and tools (hardware and software) that best suits the production andSnowball in the development of a stronger creative technical environment.
- Assist in designing and implementing the technical, artistic pipeline and workflow, and make sure the tools for the project are up to the task.REQUIREMENTS
- 2 years of work experience in animation industry.
- Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills.
- A thorough understanding of the animation process and the ability to interpret the artistic brief from the lead creative and problem solve to achieve desired results.
- Good technical understanding of CG pipelines and the ability to specify efficient workflows and identifyadditional tools required.
- Excellent working knowledge of Arnold is an asset.
- Excellent Maya skills including a good understanding of modelling, texturing, look development, lighting and colour, particles, fluids and dynamics and excellent attention to details.
- Thorough understating of the various technical and creative aspect of production for CG animation.
- Well balanced understanding of all areas of 3D (modelling, rigging, texturing, look development,environments, creature FX, lighting and FX), as well as understanding of the 2D pipeline is essential.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- A strong Demo Reel showing artistic sensibility, and creative problem solving.
- A degree in computer science, math or engineering would be considered an asset.
- Experience working with multi-studio productions an asset.Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please send your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the position. Please make sure to include the position being applied for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.