Nelvana Studio – A Corus Entertainment Company
2D Location/Layout Design Supervisor – Contract
Nelvana Studio has an exciting opportunity for 2D Location/Layout Design Supervisor in our Toronto office. Reporting to the Director and Producer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading the Location and Layout team in establishing and creating the Location and Layout designs for production:
- To lead and mentor the design/layout crew; delegating and assisting in the completion of all design elements
- Collaborate with the Series Director and associated production team to ensure consistency with prescribed design of show.
- Assess scripts to determine the most creatively effective and most cost efficient way to achieve desired look.
- Ensure the design strategy/plan is consistent with established schedule and required deadlines.
- To review the boards, and the design lists to ensure the design pack is complete and satisfies the needs of each episode.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills – ability to work within established schedule and set deadlines
- A minimum of 4 years traditional design and 2 year digital design experience in a production environment, television animation preferable
- Experience with 2D animation software such as Photoshop, Toon Boom Harmony.
- Strong drawing skills
A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with honesty and integrity.
Interested applicants are invited to send a Demo Reel and Resume by Dec 15, 2018 to:
Judy Leung, Senior Manager, Studio Operations
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please include 2D Location/Layout Design Supervisor in the subject line of your email.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities