PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Line Producer to join our Studio.
As Line Producer, you are responsible for the overall management of the production from pre-production through post production to final delivery to Client, including the management of human resources, workflow process, production progress and tracking, so that the production is completed on schedule and on budget, while maintaining established quality standards. Line Producer reports to Producer and liaises with Director, Head of Studio Operations, Production Manager, and VP Production as needed. Line Producer will oversee the Production Coordinator and any Production Assistants and Interns assigned to the production.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- As a Line Producer, your specific duties and responsibilities shall be those generally associated with and commensurate with your position per industry standards and shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Arrange, organize and manage pre-production through final post-production phases including the voice records, storyboarding and revisions, leica assembly, design, layout & backgrounds, scene planning, animation and compositing including retakes and revisions, offline edit, video and audio post-production through to delivery of final deliverables to all parties
- Manage production personnel as well as any freelance contractors
- Manage the production budget including approval of production payroll and invoices
- Manage Director’s schedule for review and approvals
- Track production progress and prepare regular production reports
- Assist with training of new production personnel as required
- Troubleshoot and flag any areas of concern to Producer and propose solutions to any production issues that may arise
- Handle other projects and tasks as required ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow and strong communication throughout the production process
- 2+ years’ experience as a Line Producer for animation
- Computer proficient in Microsoft OS, Excel, and Production Management systems and software
- Strong knowledge of 2D Digital pipeline – Harmony experience an asset
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage and support artists ensuring they have tools required to complete tasks.
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated
- Be forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot, forecast and plan appropriately to avoid production problems and delays
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Line Producer in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview.