Jam Filled is recruiting 3D Layout Artists for an awesome new show at our Toronto Studio! We are looking for applicants who are available to start ASAP.
The 3D Layout Artist is responsible for translating the storyboard and staging shots in a 3D environment, establishing camera blocking, composition, and lens choice in Maya. Applicants for this position must anticipate, communicate, and troubleshoot any creative or technical issues.
- Stage shots and plot the action that will take place within each scene using Maya, ensuring continuity and flow within shots and sequences
- Block in the position of characters and major shots within assigned scenes, using storyboards as reference
- Select camera angles and plot camera moves
- Rework and change rough timing of shots as necessary
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled’s shot pipeline
- Note required revisions and amend shots as necessary
- Perform additional duties as required
- 3+ years relevant layout experience, preferably in CG animation
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Strong working knowledge of Maya
- Firm understanding of cameras, staging, composition, perspective, pacing, and cinematography concepts in animation context
- Ability to clearly communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and meeting deadlines
- Strong creative problem solving skills
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please submit your resumé and demo reel link with “3D Layout Artist – Toronto” to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments are closed.