tThe Producer is responsible for managing all physical aspects of production including; budgets, schedules and day-to-day operations. Working with the Supervising Producer they are responsible for ensuring productions deliver on time and budget meeting decided creative expectations.
Division: NELVANA Studio Production
Work Status: 12 Month Contract Position
About the Role:
- Supporting creative vision and production expectations from pre- production through delivery
- Managing and supporting the needs of internal and external stakeholders (i.e. rights holders, broadcasters, co-production partners, etc)
- Managing production teams and working with studio operations to utilize staff, facilities and resources efficiently
- Managing budgets
- Managing schedule
- Working with accountants to ensure cash flow and cost reports are accurate
- troubleshooting, problem solving,
- Negotiating with artists, writers, actors, outside service providers
- Liaison with internal and external legal and business affairs
- Dealing with creators, show runners, directors and other key talent to ensure creative visions are realized to highest potential within pre-established budget and schedule parameters
What We Need From You:
- In depth knowledge of 2D/3D animation production including but not limited to: voice record and direction, editing, storyboarding, design, writing, editing, post-production picture and audio
- Working knowledge of unions including ACTRA & WGC
- Full understanding of production budgets, schedules and pipeline
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills
- General knowledge of Canadian content rules and regulations
- General understanding of Tax Credit rules and regulations
- Experience in reviewing staff and production Service Agreements
- Experience and ability in managing production crews
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and collaborate with stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal effectively with sensitive information and material
- A positive, friendly manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
How to Apply
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume by Feb 08, 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please include Producer in the subject line of your email
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.