Yeti Farm is a full-service 2D and 3D studio covering every aspect of the animation pipeline. Located in Kelowna, BC, we partner with some of the best world-class names in the industry. Some of our past work includes series such as Hotel Transylvania Season 2, Beat Bugs (Netflix) and Little Charmers (Netflix).
Why Yeti Farm?
- Join us in our 7,000 square foot state-of-the-art studio with a gourmet kitchen, funky lounge areas, gaming spots and a rooftop patio to enjoy the amazing Okanagan Valley weather
- Surrounded by warm waters and stunning beaches, there is no shortage of outdoors adventures at our doorstep
- Health benefits with a flexible wellness spending account
- Our own line up of original shows, which means a wide variety of creative opportunities for you!
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.yetifarmcreative.com.
About the Position
Reporting to the Animation Director and working closely with the Production Coordinator, the Animation Supervisor is responsible for reviewing animated sequences and ensuring that all animators’ assigned work is produced at the highest quality and on schedule to help support and reflect the Animation Director’s vision. This position requires a lot of hands-on teaching and coaching to junior level animators, experienced animators and even Lead Animators. The Animation Supervisor is the go-to person for all creative and technical Harmony questions for their team.
- Aid the Animation Director in assigning workload and quotas to their animators
- Review submitted shots for closeness to the approved storyboard/animatic and ensuring work meets high-quality standards and demonstrates a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, and weight, including lip sync and shot-to-shot continuity
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision set out by the Animation Director
- Will be responsible for aiding on footage for key shots, creating cycles or otherwise jumping in to support the team in animation when needed to keep the schedule on track
- Follow and educate others on the production processes and assist in tracking shots right to the approval stage
- Adjust/refine animation or assist in improving shots as necessary
- Responsible for the animation team to meet all production deadlines
- Provide assistance to oversee posing team and review their work prior to entering animation
- Actively leads and supports team meetings and a desire to advance, educate and improve others and themselves
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Suite products (Gmail, Google Drive)
- Prior experience using Shotgun or other animation production tracking software strongly preferred
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach
to working with other team members;
- Ability to write clear and concise revision notes and is available to explain their notes in other ways if
further clarification is ever needed
- Must be currently a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident, or have a valid Work Permit, with the ability to work in-house at our Kelowna, BC, studio.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.