Yeti Farm is a full-service 2D and 3D studio covering every aspect of the animation pipeline. Located in Kelowna, BC, we partner with some of the best world-class names in the industry. Some of our past work includes series such as Hotel Transylvania Season 2, Beat Bugs (Netflix) and Little Charmers (Netflix).
Why Yeti Farm?
- Join us in our 7,000 square foot state-of-the-art studio with a gourmet kitchen, funky lounge areas, gaming spots and a rooftop patio to enjoy the amazing Okanagan Valley weather
- Surrounded by warm waters and stunning beaches, there is no shortage of outdoors adventures at our doorstep
- Health benefits with a flexible wellness spending account
- Our own line up of original shows, which means a wide variety of creative opportunities for you!
Want to learn more? Check us out at www.yetifarmcreative.com.
About the Position
Reporting to the Animation Supervisor, the Lead Animator is responsible for creating and conceptualizing
animation sequences as required to meet the aesthetic, creative and technical quality standards of the production while ensuring accordance with the production deadlines.
- Demonstrate a broad range of character animation and acting skills. (This includes a good understanding of the principles of animation, and how to best employ those principles to create performances that support both the characters and story goals of the show.)
- Work from storyboard/animatic and setup layout files to create high-quality, key-framed animation through a strong sense of performance, posing, timing, and weight, including lip sync and shot-to- shot continuity
- Assist with reviewing crew members’ submitted animations, as instructed by the Animation Supervisor
- Follow production processes and be responsible for your shots from ‘ready to start’ to ‘client approved’ stages
- Adjust/refine animation as indicated and required by the Animation Supervisor and/or Director
- Meet project deadlines and milestones, including weekly quotas, as set by the Animation Coordinator;
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members
- Actively participates in team meetings and a desire to advance and improve themselves and others on the team
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Google Suite products (Gmail, Google Drive)
- Prior experience using Shotgun or other animation production tracking software strongly preferred
- Strong aptitude to learn
- Clear concise communication both written and verbal
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team to ensure animation adheres to the style and vision requested by the Director and Clients;
- Demonstrates good written and verbal communication, and exhibits a collaborative, supportive approach to working with other team members.
- Must be currently a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident, or have a valid Work Permit, with the ability to work in-house at our Kelowna, BC, studio.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resume to email@example.com.
Comments are closed.