Position: 2D Animator
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for 2D Animators who are responsible for producing excellent animated pieces on schedule in Harmony. This role reports directly to the Animation Supervisor.
- Manage and produce quality animated pieces on schedule within ToonBoom Harmony
- Manage and meet established quota and execute shots in keeping with director’s vision
- Animation of scenes in a 2D animation series that typically includes characters, sets and accessories
- Make all requested/necessary corrections
- Ability to animate in ToonBoom Harmony
- 1-5+ years’ experience in animation;
- Must be able to work digitally
- Strong sense of traditionally animated timing and spacing
- Solid drawing sensibilities and use of classical animation techniques.
- Strong acting skills and imagination for fun, pathos and comedy
- Ability to work in studio environment
- Good knowledge of technical basis in 2D animation
- Degree in animation, art, multimedia or equivalent
- Previous studio experience
- Experience working on an animated series
Why Guru Studio?
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You want to work for a company that allows you to grow your skills
- You want to help tell stories!
- You want a friendly and fun place to work!
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- State-of-the-art open concept facility
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy and fun snacks
- Masterclasses and training sessions
- Referral program
Please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English along with any applicable demo reels and portfolios. Please include ‘2D Animator’ in the email subject line and apply via email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
If you want to know more about us please visit http://www.gurustudio.com/