Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for an experienced 2D PRODUCER who will work with the Director on an original series and lead a diverse team of artists to deliver a high quality project on budget and schedule. This role reports directly to the VP of Production.
- Responsible for production work being executed by internal resources as well as external overseas studio
- Manage production budget and schedule to meet delivery and financial requirements
- Negotiate contracts with staff, artists and all other outside vendors/suppliers
- Inspire and motivate a large creative team & ensure all departments achieve production milestones
- Proactively and clearly communicate production status to internal executives and external partners
- Escalate issues in a timely manner
- Manage and delegate to Production Manager and Production Coordinator
- Support the Director and Creator’s vision for the series
- Manage and attend cost report meetings
- 5+ years in a Producer role preferably for a 2D TV series or feature
- Experience working with co-production and/or outsourced studios is a must
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of 2D animation pipeline, budgeting & production.
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Experience working in development or launching new series is a plus
- Strong leadership and motivational ability
- Excellent communication, collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Innovative, and solution focused with a track record of bringing shows in on budget & schedule
- Experience dealing with WGC & ACTRA is considered a major asset
Please be sure to include your resume, portfolios and/or blogs (if applicable) when applying.
Guru Studio would like to thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications can come into email@example.com