Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for an enthusiastic Play Experience Designer (Toy and Consumer Products) to join our team and lead the development of innovative consumer products that will delight preschoolers and families. We’re searching for someone who is passionate about toys, creativity and play, and has a deep understanding of developmental play patterns for kids ages 3 to 5.
As a Play Experience Designer, you will collaborate with our world class internal content team to help translate our children’s entertainment properties into a range of consumer products and play experiences. You will be responsible for setting the highest standard for quality control and for ensuring our product lines always stay true to our shows’ DNA.
The role requires a deep understanding of toy design and manufacturing, and a love of creating fun, playful products for kids. This role reports directly to the Senior Director of Marketing.
- Lead the design of toys, games, books, and other consumer products that accurately reflect the characters and narrative of our shows
- Work closely with our licensing partners from concept stage to final submission and set a high standard for innovation and quality control
- Provide clear, creative feedback – both verbally and visually – on all product approval submissions from licensees
- Liaise with internal production team to support specific asset requests from licensees
- Research competitive environment to ensure we are always ahead of the trend
- Keep product development milestones on track
- Oversee freelance artists when necessary
- Continually brainstorm fun, new ways to delight preschoolers through play!
- 5+ years in product development for consumer products
- Industrial/Product Design degree or equivalent
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of zBrush, Maya and/or equivalent 3D softwares
- A solid understanding of entertainment and animation industries
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent sketching abilities to clearly communicate feedback and ideas
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years’ experience with product design/development of kids toys/toy products
Why Guru Studio?
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers
- You want to work for a company that allows you to grow your skills
- You want to help tell stories!
- You want a friendly and fun place to work!
What We Offer
- Full benefits
- State-of-the-art open concept facility
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible work hours
- Healthy and fun snacks
- Masterclasses and training sessions
- Referral program
Please submit your CV and cover letter (optional) in English along with any applicable demo reels and portfolios.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files.
Please advise us if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. Guru Studio is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications can come into firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to know more about us please visit http://www.gurustudio.com/