2Atomic Cartoons Inc. is an award-winning full-service animation studio located in Vancouver’s busy Animation District. Our new Ottawa studio is located in the vibrant Hintonburg area that has deep roots in the city’s animation history. Atomic is a mix of laid back atmosphere, a supportive team, and some serious creative talent!
Do you have big plans for your career? Are you looking for rewarding work that will challenge you? We are an artist-driven studio, we care about the work we produce and your career path.
BG LAYOUT ARTIST
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced BG Layout Artist who wants to join the crew on one of our very exciting Harmony productions!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Draw and paint the background layout of a shot for the Animators to animate based on the Storyboard
- Complete all layouts while maintaining the style and quality of the show
- Use location designs as reference to draw all layouts for assigned shots
- Ensure that all artwork is stored and backed up on Shotgun
- Collaborate with the Layout Supervisor to complete revisions and other changes
- Meet deadlines and quotas as assigned by production management
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have strong perspective drawing skills
- Experience working with Flash or Harmony productions
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop in a similar role is required
- Diploma or degree in Fine Arts, Computer Animation, or other relevant area of study and/or equivalent job experience
- Industry experience on a 2D television production an asset
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- Must be able to work in house at our Ottawa studio
- Able to legally work in Canada
START DATE: June/July 2019
Show us what you would like to contribute to Atomic by providing us with relevant examples of your previous work along with your resume and cover letter. Please apply with your Resume, Cover Letter, Portfolio/Demo Reel and/or Website URL.
We thank you for your submission; only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.