Mercury Filmworks is currently seeking experienced Layout Artists to join our team in Ottawa. This position is an excellent opportunity to work on memorable and creatively satisfying shows with over 250 of Canada’s most passionate designers, painters and directors. Help us bring to life shows like the Emmy and Annie Award winning series Hilda, a new Netflix original series created and directed by Craig McCracken, plus many other exciting, yet to be announced projects from both Netflix and Disney! Give your career the creative spark it’s been needing and let’s create incredible things together.
- Create layout drawings based on the storyboard panels, maintaining the show’s look and feel.
- Accurately interpret the perspective and composition laid out in the storyboard.
- Ensure the layouts accurately follow the approved location designs.
- Support the team with fixes when necessary.
- Finalize and clean up designs using Photoshop.
- Collaborate with the Layout Supervisor in regard to weekly or biweekly assignments.
- Follow the proper naming conventions established by the production pipeline.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- College degree from an accredited Animation Program or equivalent.
- 2 years of experience as a Layout Artist on an animated production.
- Portfolio should show an aptitude for perspective and composition.
- Highly skilled using Photoshop and the ability to troubleshoot software challenges.
- Ability to adapt to the required design style and interpret concept designs into the desired layout.
- Professional communication skills, able to take direction and work within a production schedule.
- Applicant must be a Canadian citizen and a resident of Ontario.
Ready to join our team?
Apply online at: http://mercuryfilmworks.com/careers
Mercury Filmworks places as great an emphasis on recruiting for character and fit as it does on core skills and experience. Qualified candidates that meet ALL the characteristics above are encouraged to apply regardless of where they live. All candidates must be willing to test in advance of an interview. Mercury Filmworks is an equal opportunity employer, and by equal, we really mean equal. We have no preferences or bias beyond the professional qualifications.