PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Design Supervisor / Character Designer to join our Studio.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead & mentor Design team, helping facilitate the creation & completion of assets in the style of the show.
- Review the animatics and create design lists with Asset Coordinator/ Director and interpret the reference materials provided
- Distribute assignments to the team and tracks progress, providing feedback and necessary Revisions
- Review work done by the team to ensure builds are complete and effective, satisfying rigging needs for animation
- Work with Director to ensure that the colour style remains consistent throughout the pipeline.
- Work closely with the Show Runner, Director and the Asset Coordinator on the approval of materials and required revisions
- Resolves problems or concerns in a productive and positive manner
- Problem solve and find creative solutions to challenges, knowing when to escalate
- Produce concept art digitally with required software, in ToonBoom Harmony as required for use by various departments within the animation pipeline.
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines.
- Communicate progress of work to appropriate production staff.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in style of show.
- 3+ years experience in animation series production.
- Strong character design and construction/mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of drawing software including Photoshop, and Harmony
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Design Supervisor / Character Designer in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.