Last updated on January 10, 2020
Pipeline Studios is looking for a talented and passionate DESIGN SUPERVISOR to join our growing team!
Pipeline Studios is a leading global production company focused on developing, producing, and distributing award-winning kids and family content for audiences worldwide. As an industry leader, Pipeline Studios has participated in the production of Nick Jr’s hit show Sunny Day, Nina’s World in partnership with NBC Universal, Netflix Original Legend Quest, Fangbone! On Disney XD, and more!
- Delegate design quota to core team and ensure deadlines are met
- Review Storyboard to ensure continuity of character designs
- Make any changes or revisions with your team and submit to Art Director approval
- Collaborate with Art Director on design assignments
- Ensure completion of all character designs per episode in a timely manner
- Communicate with Production Manager regarding status of work and any problems that may arise
- Ensure quality & style of show is achieved
- Generates character designs, turnarounds, expression sheets, special poses and costumes, mouth charts and any other character-related art that the production may require
- Complete all rough, revised and final designs necessary within assigned deadlines
- Translating character description and attitude from script to visual design
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience designing characters on an animated series
- Fluent in Toon Boom Harmony and Photoshop
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation school desired
- Strong drawing ability and a solid sense of design for 2D animation
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team environment
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively
- Strong character design, builds and construction
- Excellent artistic, technical and creative skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Be pro-active and solution-oriented
- A team-work oriented mentality, friendly, positive and professional attitude
To Apply: Please send your portfolio/reel and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org and quote “Design Supervisor” in the subject line. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Pipeline Studios Ltd. Is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.