PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Production Manager to join our Studio and our new and exciting series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Oversee day-to-day/week-to-week production progress of the animation studio pipeline, ensuring the workflow is smooth and efficient, and schedules are met.
- Have a clear picture of the completion of the project at all times.
- Prepare and distribute weekly production status reports and provide daily updates to the Line Producer / Head of Studio as needed.
- Ensure milestones and quotas are met and provide course-correction to the micro schedules as required.
- Liaise with Leads and Department Heads as well as the Producers and Post Production teams to ensure smooth transitions to and from pre-production and post-production
- Ensure communication among department leaders via weekly production meetings and any other meetings deemed necessary.
- Facilitating the training of new personnel as required
- Track and manage the complexity of the episodes along with the Department Heads and Asset Coordinator.
- Ensure that all production data and metrics are tracked via the internal database and can be easily summarized in order to flag problem areas.
- Liaising with Producer and HR on staffing and resource needs
- Coordinating with IT and Head of Studio Operations regarding technical needs, including workstations and software;
- Other projects and tasks both administrative and creative as required
- 4 years’ minimum experience in animation series production
- Strong knowledge of 2D Digital pipeline – Harmony experience an asset
- Ability to organize, prioritize and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage and support artists ensuring they have tools required to complete tasks.
- Be pro-active and solution-orientated
- Be forward-thinking and able to troubleshoot, forecast and plan appropriately to avoid production problems and delays
- Great communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Maintain a positive, upbeat and professional attitude, and contribute to the collaborative, respectful and constructive culture of our studio
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Production Manager in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.