PORTFOLIO ENTERTAINMENT is a creative-driven, fast-paced children’s and family media company committed to embracing change and finding new approaches to storytelling. Our in-house animation studio is innovative and teeming with talent and our international distribution division takes our content worldwide.
We are currently looking for a Storyboard Supervisor to join our Studio and our new and exciting series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Work closely with the Director to implement the objectives of the storyboard and manage complexities of production
- Assist Director with / or create comprehensive script notes (technical and reuse notes) for storyboard hand-outs for remote artists.
- Supervise storyboard revisionists and manage storyboard department according to the needs of production
- Supervise breakdowns and reference gathering for storyboard packages
- Review and do revisions for storyboards during animatic process to ensure continuity and hook-ups.
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
- Meet all deadlines as determined by the Producer or Production Manager
- Trouble shoots storyboards that are not up to the creative and technical standards of the series.
- Re-boarding segments or taking on pages of late storyboards in order to stay within the production schedule
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working as a Storyboard Supervisor (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work.
- Strong knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
- Manage timelines ensuring work is delivered on schedule
- Proven and Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A good understanding of cinematography and staging
- Strong drawing skills
- Must be open to direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production
- Ability to quickly and effectively illustrate in any style required
Please send your resume to email@example.com and reference: Storyboard Supervisor in the subject of your submission. Only selected, qualified applicants will be contacted for personal interview. Must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident to apply.