2D FX Artist
Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character-driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning, and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company, is looking for a 2D FX Artist who is responsible for designing and animating stock and episodic FX in Harmony Scenes. This role reports directly to the FX Supervisor and Art Director.
- Design FX appropriate for the scenes and in the style of the production in a timely manner.
- Hand-Animate custom FX for scenes in the style of the production.
- Create particle systems in Harmony and integrate it into the scene.
- Reuse and reanimate stock FX to best match the FX needs in a scene.
- Prioritize and propose FX solutions that match the quality and expectations of the production.
- Manage and maintain FX stock material in a library used by the FX team.
- Strong sense of design and graphic appeal for FX animation — as the FX on the show will be stylized and designed to fit into the show itself.
- An ability to match the FX design to the design-language in the production.
- An ability to match the FX timing and movement to existing animation in a scene.
- Strong design and drawing skills in Harmony.
- Strong sense of timing and appeal in movement.
- Strong technical understanding of Harmony scenes.
- An ability to understand and work within other artists’ scenes.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- A strong creative portfolio.
To apply, please follow the link below, or email us at: email@example.com