Guru Studio’s dedicated team is passionate about bringing inspired character driven stories to screens around the world.
Our award winning and internationally renowned Toronto animated entertainment company is looking for a Production Coordinator (2D Animation and FX) who will be responsible for supporting the Animation and FX team for a 2D original IP animated series.
This role reports directly to the Production Manager and works closely with the Animation Director & FX Supervisor.
- Attend and prepare detailed notes from screenings with directors, supervisors and crew that accurately reflect action items.
- Design, implement and monitor micro-schedule for the animation FX and departments.
- Track production progress on a daily basis and generate progress reports for Producers and Supervisors.
- Coordinate and schedule screenings, launches, sequence reviews and other meetings as required.
- Maintain asset management system (using Excel, Shotgun & proprietary software) with Director/Producer Notes. Assign and follow up with individual tasks for artists.
- Assist with assuring material is ready for reviews.
- Identify production delays and assist the PM and Producer to strategize solutions, prioritize allocation of resources and execute a solution by coordinating the production team.
- Positive attitude and highly organized team player.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar coordinator role in a studio environment.
- Experience with Shotgun or similar asset management systems.
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple tasks, while remaining efficient and mindful of tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of 2D Animation pipeline.
- Experience/knowledge of Toon Boom Harmony is an asset.
- Average of 50 wpm.
To apply, please follow the link below, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org