9 Story Media Group’s Toronto studio is now Brown Bag Films! Brown Bag Films is one of the world’s most exciting, original and successful creative-led animation studios.
Supporting the Layout Department, and the production as a whole, the Layout Artist will support with the development of the environment for the production.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Complete line drawing of the backgrounds for scenes to be delivered to the Background Department, using approved assets when possible
- Define the perspective and details of the backgrounds, accurately interpreting the Storyboards and camera direction
- Ensure that production deadlines are met while maintaining the highest standard of quality
- Work with the entire Layout team to ensure that backgrounds fit into the production as a whole and are in line with Director’s vision
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 2+ years of experience as a Layout Artist on an animation production
- Highly proficient in Photoshop
- Excellent visual interpretation skills, with a Superior knowledge of scale and perspective design principles
- Able to work aligned to a production schedule and project milestones.
- Excellent communication skills, able to take direction as required.
- Team player with aptitude for autonomous work.
- Professional and friendly with a flexible attitude.
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more! Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award winning animated children’s content.
If this sounds like the job for you please Apply Here
Please include the job title that you are applying for in the Subject Line. Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.