Pipeline Studios is looking for a talented and passionate LEICA EDITOR to join our growing team!
Pipeline Studios is a leading global production company focused on developing, producing, and distributing award-winning kids and family content for audiences worldwide.
As an industry leader, Pipeline Studios has participated in the production of Nick Jr’s hit show Sunny Day, Nina’s World in partnership with NBC Universal, Netflix Original Legend Quest, Fangbone! On Disney XD, and more!
- Prepare Leica for production
- Using Storyboard Pro, compile Animatic and execute the crucial first pass
- Tighten areas that drag, jokes that fall flat, enhance actions and comedy via edits and pacing
- Supply the Director and Story team with an initial report on the board’s quality, denoting the areas needing work, and doing a first-pass edit
- Tracking and inserting new revision panels and new audio files (i.e. own the management of Pickups)
- Maintain active and current production edit of show
- Responsible for quality control and delivery of show to online facility
- Tracking and inserting carry-thru Animation notes into board
- Identify and assist with revisions
- Insert temp SoundFX and applicable camera moves
- Updating sequences through various cuts and submitting locked shows to animators
- Work collaboratively with the Director to craft the story from the storyboards given
- Prepare pilot screenings for various departments
- General outputs as needed (screeners, OMF, AAF, etc.)
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience editing on an episodic series is necessary (experience on a feature film is a definite asset)
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized film production school
- Experience with Leica editing and animation production workflow
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Resolve, & Storyboard Pro
- Expert understanding of 2D concepts, key softwares and workflows
- Superior understanding of storytelling, humour, timing, and animation
- Ability to adapt to varying production demands and shifting priorities
- Solid professional communication skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and follow through in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
To Apply: Please send your portfolio/reel and resume to email@example.com and quote “Leica Editor” in the subject line.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Pipeline Studios Ltd. Is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.