Guru Studio is crewing up for an exciting new CG series starring all your favorite Sesame Street characters…as mecha robots! You can read our official press release here!
We’re looking for an experienced Character Designer to help us bring this new world to life.
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Art Director to design various characters in the style of the show
- Design prop and location designs in various forms from rough concept to finished rotations
- Generate Mood Boards/Color Scripts for the Directors to hit the desired look of the show
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Take on various art tasks other than prop and location design (location illustrations, title cards cover art, layout, mock-ups etc.)
Apply If You Have:
- Excellent drawing and design skills (strong knowledge of architecture)
- Have an intuitive sense of what makes props and environments appealing and appropriate for the needs of the design
- A thorough and clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Experience with 3D packages (zBrush, Maya)
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Ability to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous design experience is a must
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
To apply, please follow the link below, or email us at: email@example.com