Guru Studio is crewing up for an exciting new CG series starring all your favorite Sesame Street characters…as mecha robots! You can read our official press release here!
We’re looking for an experienced Assistant Director to help us bring this new world to life.
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the show director and leica editor to make 11 minute animatics shine with character, humor and personality
- Supervise internal and exterior storyboard artists and revisionists to ensure the show’s storyboards are expertly staged and posed
- Clearly communicate the director’s vision during reviews and meetings, and provide visual and written notes to artists
- Ensure the high quality of the show is maintained, inspiring all team leads to set the bar for production quality
- Work closely with the Production team and the Director to meet defined milestones and deadlines
- Follow up on directorial comments and client notes
- Report to the team when the Director is not available with the insight and initiative to make creative decisions when appropriate
Apply If You Have:
- 5+ yrs in an Assistant Director or Director role on animated series or film
- Strong storytelling, humour, and communication abilities
- Excellent 2D posing and drawing skills
- Extensive storyboarding experience and knowledge of digital storyboard software (Storyboard Pro)
- Thorough understanding of cinematography and camera techniques.
- An eye for exceptional design and a great understanding of the principles of animation, including timing
- An understanding of 3D animation and production pipeline is helpful.
- Portfolio or reel to showcase work experience.
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit! .
To apply, please follow the link below, or email us at: email@example.com
Comments are closed.