IoM Media Ventures is a 3D animation studio located in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Our studios talent-friendly, encouraging atmosphere is where highly-skilled individuals come together to create ground breaking animated content.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Character Modeler to join our development team!
- Create and showcase zBrush maquettes of character sculpts
- Create characters, sets, props, with a large focus on characters, based on production guidelines
- Demonstrated proficiency in traditional hard-surface poly modeling techniques
- An exceptional understanding of how topology deforms
- A strong grasp on facial and corrective blendshapes
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling
- Ensure modeling assets are delivered in the expected quality and technical requirements.
- Work and communicate with other departments to ensure assets meet their needs
- Modify and improve existing modeling assets based on supervisor feedback
- Meet production deadlines and maintain regular communication with the production team
- Communicate with modeling lead on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Keep current on modeling techniques and technology
- 5+ years of experience in animation or film industry
- Proficiency with standard industry software (eg. Maya)
- Strong proficiency in Zbrush
- Experience with rigging and/or shading is a benefit
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Take direction, collaborate, and be a team player
- Communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas in a professional manner
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Highly motivated with ability to work independently
- Encourage feedback and new initiatives
- Able to adapt to multiple show styles
Thank you for your interest in joining our island.
To apply, please visit our www.iom-media.com , then simply submit your resume and reel.
All submissions will be considered, and successful applicants contacted.