We’re looking for an experienced 3D Designer to join our PAW Patrol crew!
Airing in over 160 countries, in 30 languages, PAW Patrol is a top-rated preschool series and global consumer products phenomenon produced for Spin Master and Nick Jr worldwide. For seven seasons and counting, Guru’s team of artists and animators have been bringing the pups to life.
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with Art Director to design various characters in the style of the show
- Design prop and location designs in various forms from rough concept to finished rotations
- Generate Mood Boards/Colour Scripts for the Directors to hit the desired look of the show
- Collaborate with Art Director and design team to develop a consistent look for the show
- Contribute substantially and decisively to the evolution of the show design
- Demonstrate commitment to creative collaboration in a time-sensitive environment
- Take on various art tasks other than prop and location design (location illustrations, title cards cover art, layout, mock-ups etc.)
Apply If You Have:
- Excellent drawing and design skills (strong knowledge of architecture)
- Have an intuitive sense of what makes props and environments appealing and appropriate for the needs of the design
- A thorough and clear understanding of how your designs will be used through the production pipeline
- Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator – knowledge of other art/graphics software an asset
- Experience with 3D packages (zBrush, Maya)
- Experience with animating in Harmony is considered a major asset
- Excellent creativity and demonstrated ability to generate innovative concepts and ideas
- Ability to design within certain specifications (maintaining pre-determined proportions and keeping within an overall look)
- Ability to productively discuss, make decisions, and communicate ideas in a wide variety of aesthetic areas
- Previous design experience is a must
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Please submit your application here!: