Job Opportunity: Animation Lead
- Employer: Taqqut Productions (Toronto – Eglinton and Mount Pleasant Office)
- Reports To: Series Producer and Production Manager
- Terms of Employment: Immediate – September 2021 (high possibility of contract renewal)
- Compensation: $1200/week
- Contact Information: Melody McMullan, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a 2D animator to work in house to supplement our small team working on a number of projects including short films and television segments in a variety of styles.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong animation skills and some knowledge of rigging. We are looking for senior animators who are able to lead small teams and provide guidance to junior animators. Any interest or experience in other areas of production is a plus, particularly character design or layout.
Please note that we will only be contacting applicants who are residents of the province of Ontario.
Software Knowledge Required:
- Toonboom Harmony (Harmony Rigging is a huge plus)
- Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Switch between projects and art styles frequently
- Lead small teams
- Work independently
- Work in a team environment when needed
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Able to meet deadlines
What we’re looking for:
- Someone willing to learn, with a great attitude
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment
- Creative thinker
- Problem solver
- Effective time management skills; able to find efficient solutions
Must be a Canadian citizen or permanent Resident, and Ontario Resident
When applying for this job, please provide your Animation Portfolio and Demo Reel.
Taqqut Productions Inc. is an Inuit-owned film production company located in Iqaluit, Nunavut.
Our films have screened at festivals in eighteen countries and have won over twenty international awards. With its film and television projects, Taqqut has established itself as an innovative leader in Northern youth and children’s productions, and aims to preserve the rich storytelling culture of Inuit and the North.