Jam Filled Ottawa is looking for a highly skilled, Senior 2D FX Animator to set things on fire, make things explode, and zap the crap out of our exciting lineup of high-profile series’!
Job Responsibilities: (may include but are not limited to)
- Being ultra-awesome (will accept mega-awesome and even regular awesome)
- Create FX for assigned shots using Harmony, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Work with Supervisors to ensure that all individually assigned FX deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and Director’s overall vision
- Be 5 seconds more awesome than you were 3 seconds ago
- Attend FX reviews for assigned sequences
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Productions pipeline
- Remain being awesome while receiving high or low 5’s
- You have some form of awesomeness training
- 5+ year FX experience in a Harmony pipeline
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 2D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study.
- Feature film experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of Harmony.
- Making a decent jam sandwich
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Breakdancing wouldn’t hurt…
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to blow up a jar of jam.
Please submit video portfolio link and resume, with “Senior 2D FX Artist – Ottawa” in subject line, to: firstname.lastname@example.org