Storyboard Artist – CG Action Adventure Series
(Remote – Freelance)
Start Date: ASAP
Industrial Brothers is seeking an experienced Storyboard Artist for our exciting new CG animated, action-adventure-comedy series for Netflix.
We are looking for accountable artists, who are also team players. The Storyboard Artist will work closely with the Series Director. This is a work from home position using Storyboard Pro.
- Collaborate with the Director and to create high-quality, dynamic storyboards
- Communicate ideas effectively and recommend solutions to help interpret the script visually
- Deliver storyboards with attention to clarity, comedy, acting/performance, and cinematic storytelling (composition, camera)
- Use knowledge of traditional animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and producible
- Pitch storyboards to the creative teams to convey the story
- Produce storyboard panels for a specific sequence/ episode as outlined by the production schedule and deliver on-time
- Follow instructions as per the notes and discussions at each stage of the storyboard process
- Communicate progress of work to production team
- Ensure quality and style of the show is consistently achieved throughout the storyboard
- Must be comfortable drawing in a loose gestural style in order to meet all deadlines, while still maintaining quality standards and clear storytelling
- Minimum 3 years of proven storyboard experience for high-action, production level series animation is required (3D series storyboard experience preferred)
- Understanding of 3D pipeline
- Excellent drawing and composition skills, sense of design and character
- A fresh, creative and collaborative attitude towards storytelling
- Solid knowledge of story, including, acting, dialogue, and use of camera
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Must work digitally
- Must excel in Photoshop and Storyboard Pro
- Strong problem solving skills
All animation crew must have at least 2 years experience working in the animation or film industry. Working in pre-school or children’s TV is a plus.
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Please send detailed resume & samples of work with the position in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.