Looking for a director for an animated semi-musical lightly serialized comedy for teens and 20-somethings, starring an enigmatic but charming 20-something, his new life in the Big City, and his unlikely journey to becoming a musical star.
Working closely with the Producer, Client and Executive Creative Team, the Director is responsible for transforming a vision into an animated production. The Director will play a critical role in the success of the production, he/she will guide, supervise and review the work produced by the team ensuring the style and vision of the show is achieved in the highest quality.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Responsible for the conceptualization and execution of the creative direction, in all stages of production.
- Supervise and review the work produced by the various departments from script through to post-production.
- Ensures the style and quality of a series is upheld during all stages of production and communicates this to the department leads to ensure consistency throughout.
- Work closely with the Producer to ensure timelines are maintained.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 10+ years’ previous experience as director in television within a 2D production environment
- Working knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
- Superior understanding of filmic storytelling principles and techniques
- Animation experience and strong drawing skills
- Exhibit strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team, encouraging feedback and new initiatives from teams
- Able to communicate creative and technical thoughts and ideas
- Possesses strong management skills and critical thinking
- Display a calm and professional demeanor when working under time constraints and pressure
- Able to multi-task and work efficiently with multiple stakeholders
- Professional and positive attitude
- Able to handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately
- Familiarity with Korean culture is a plus.
- Experience with music and music videos key.
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Check out our website at http://brownbagfilms-hr.force.com/recruit/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN741
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.