Pipeline Studios is looking for a talented and passionate Series Director to join our growing team!
Pipeline Studios is a leading global production company focused on developing, producing, and distributing award-winning kids and family content for audiences worldwide. As an industry leader, Pipeline Studios has participated in the production of Nick Jr’s hit show Sunny Day, Nina’s World in partnership with NBC Universal, Netflix Original Legend Quest, Fangbone! On Disney XD, and more!
- Responsible for the conceptualization and execution of the creative direction, in all stages of production.
- Supervise, guide and review work produced by the production teams ensuring the style and visions of the show is achieved.
- Work closely and collaboratively with Production teams to ensure quality production of animation, timely delivery of assets, and attentive monitoring of technical and logistical concerns.
- Meets and communicates with the clients to ensure a collaborative vision.
- Brings passion to create strong and highly creative content.
- Communicates creative and technical direction to the various teams and departments.
- Supervise and review work produced by various departments from script, voice records, storyboard, leica, design, animation, and post.
- Offer constructive feedback and foster a culture of creative solutions, while mentoring your teams.
- Identify areas where innovation can improve productivity and facilitate.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years’ experience as a Series Director in children’s television
- Knowledge of key industry 2D Digital and 3D Platforms including Storyboard Pro.
- Understanding of filmic storytelling principals and techniques.
- Strong and superior understanding of storytelling, humor, timing, and animation
- Flexible and capable of adapting to various show styles and workflows.
- Animation experience and strong draftsmanship
- Open minded, diplomatic, and able to work alone and/or in a team environment.
- Able to effectively communicate ideas through all departments.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team, encouraging feedback and initiatives from teams.
- Possesses strong management skills and critical thinking, solution-based approach.
- Inspire departments to set a high standard in production quality.
- Display a calm and professional demeanor when working under time constraints and pressure.
- Well developed communication skills with a focus on diplomacy and discretion, handle sensitive, confidential information appropriately.
- Professional and positive attitude.
To Apply: Please send your portfolio/reel and resume to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Pipeline Studios Ltd. Is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know.