Elliott Animation is hiring in Toronto!
3D SURFACING ARTIST
Fresh TV and Elliott Animation, a Toronto based artist-driven entertainment company is looking for a 3D Surfacing Artist to join the team of a world-class animated television series.
The Job involves:
- Creating photoreal textures and shaders for characters, props, and sets in Maya
- Laying out clean and effective UV maps
- Recreating real world locations using photgraphic reference
- Working closely with the modeling, rigging and lighting teams to ensure efficient and highly functional assets
- Following established workflows, while using in house tools to ensure pipeline compatibility
- Adhering to naming conventions and other standards established for the show
- Experience as a surfacing/texturing artist in a studio environment
- Expert knowledge of Maya shading, texturing and rendering
- Proficient in painting textures for hard surface and organic models
- Strong knowledge in optimizing shading networks in Maya
- Strong fundamental sense of colour and design
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deliver work on schedule
- Experience with Arnold
- Experience with XGen in particular and other hair systems in general
- Experience with Mari, Photoshop, Substance Designer and Painter
- Experience with multi UDIM texturing
- Professional experience in modeling, rigging, lighting, and compositing
Please email your resume to the email below with the position in the subject heading and include your availability. You must be an Ontario resident and a Canadian citizen or hold a PR card.