Do you love to create characters? Want to help bring exciting characters to life (in a non-Frankenstein kind of way)? Looking to expand your portfolio while deepening your understanding of how the animation industry works? Then look no further than this amazing opportunity to be our next Designer!
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Following the designs created by the Fun Pack Artist, the designer will create it within the style and model of the show
- Responsible for designing additional mouth charts, blinks, hands, feet, body parts and rotations/poses for character and prop designs
- Address all client and internal notes via Shotgun, and make required changes or revisions
- Collaborate with the Design team to ensure continuity of character and prop designs throughout the production
- Work with VFX team to design additional elements as needed
- Complete work on schedule and maintain deadlines assigned, communicating with the Design Supervisor regarding status of work and any problems that may arise.
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 3+ years of previous experience as a Designer on an animation production
- Proficient understanding of Toon Boom Harmony
- Solid understanding design fundamentals
- Strong composition and perspective skills
- Keen eye for detail and composition ( detailed oriented )
- Ability to work flexible hours if and when necessary
- Effective problem solving skills, solution oriented
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and take direction
- Excellent Communication Skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 200 artists working on award winning animated children’s content. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, interesting work and a fun/supportive work environment.
Check out our website at:
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.