Guru Studio is crewing up for an exciting new CG series starring all your favorite Sesame Street characters…as mecha robots! You can read our official press release here!
We’re looking for an experienced Storyboard Artist to help us bring this new world to life.
You’ll be joining a vibrant entertainment company known for creating, developing and producing award-winning, hit shows such as True and the Rainbow Kingdom for Netflix, the smash-hit PAW Patrol, Mattel’s Ever After High; and our own Emmy Award nominated series Justin Time. Our studio also contributed visual development on the Academy Award nominated animated feature The Breadwinner.
At Guru, quality, original thinking, and respect for our artist’s workflow are at the core of our values. We’re always looking for passionate and committed talent, so come join our dynamic and growing team!
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver storyboards with attention to clarity, comedy, acting/performance, and cinematic storytelling (composition, camera)
- Use knowledge of traditional animation to ensure that posing, staging, and cutting is both dynamic and producible
- Pitch storyboards to the creative teams to convey the story
- Produce storyboard panels for a specific sequence/ episode as outlined by the production schedule and deliver on-time
- Follow instructions as per the notes and discussions at each stage of the storyboard process
- Communicate progress of work to Leads and production team
- Ensure quality and style of the show is consistently achieved throughout the storyboard
- Must be comfortable drawing in a loose gestural style in order to meet all deadlines, while still maintaining quality standards and clear storytelling
Apply If You Have:
- Minimum 2 years of proven storyboard experience for production level series animation is required
- Understanding of 3D pipeline
- Excellent drawing and composition skills
- A fresh, creative and collaborative attitude towards storytelling
- Solid knowledge of story, including, acting, dialogue, and use of camera
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently
- Must work digitally
- Must excel in Photoshop and Storyboard Pro
- Understanding of Maya or Toon Boom is an asset
Why Join Guru?
- We believe that creativity and quality are paramount, and we select projects that allow us to grow creatively.
- Creating fun is part of our brand! It’s time to be a part of an environment that nurtures your creativity, forward thinking vision, and an innate entrepreneurial spirit!
Guru is committed to providing an inclusive work environment that celebrates the diversity of its employees. We are dedicated to employment equity and welcome applications from people from all Indigenous groups, races, religions, genders and people with disabilities.
We are committed to providing an accessible candidate experience during our recruitment process and are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment where candidates and employees feel valued and respected. Guru strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed in the recruitment process as all other candidates. If you have a disability, you may request to be accommodated at any time. Guru will work with all candidates to accommodate individual accessibility needs to the point of undue hardship.
Here’s the link.