Wasabi Entertainment is searching for an Art Director to provide artistic vision and execution on our independent animated feature film Shadowrail Circus. The position will be based on Vancouver Island (Yes – Island!) where we are building out our core animation team.
The Art Director will work closely with the Director and Head of Story to develop the overall design language of the film – helping to create a unique and compelling aesthetic that works with the budgetary limitations of an indie-studio film. A problem-solver with a wide imagination, they will be responsible for overseeing the design and development of characters and environments, while also working to determine colour and compositional schemes that will help underscore the narrative. As a key creative in this creator-owned film, the Art Director will have an unprecedented amount of creative flexibility and ownership. However, this also comes with the expectation that they are willing to roll up their sleeves and do a bunch of the heavy-lifting themselves.
Reports to: Director, Executive Producer
- Work with the director, head of story and producer to design and establish the look, quality and technical standards of the production.
- Works with all team members to effectively identify project requirements, manage resources, and meet deadlines.
- Collaborate with designers and other team members to implement creative direction.
- Ability to jump in and do concept work where required.
- Evaluate the team, identifying strengths, problem areas, and developing plans for improving performance and mentoring talent.
- Able to do quality check of CG assets and Artwork – including characters, props, and backgrounds.
- Over 3 years experience in a senior art role or equivalent, preferably on features or television.
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Able to make informed decisions under pressure.
- Comprehension of and capacity to work in a broad range of styles.
- Strong ability to captain and lead vision, mood, design and dynamics.
- Happy to roll up your sleeves and get the job done.
- Comprehensive understanding of 2D and 3D animation.
- Interest in working with a fantastic, agile team that values work/life balance at our studio in downtown Duncan.
Apply online at https://secure.collage.co/jobs/relish/21085 or email email@example.com
Comments are closed.