Supporting the Storyboard Department, and the production as a whole.
Key Areas of responsibilities:
- Work with the script and production team to capture the essence of the production in a visual manner
- Create new and interesting ideas, in order to capture the activity and the emotion of the scene
- Submit work throughout the process for feedback, receiving revision notes on panels that need to be modified
- Address both internal and external revision notes to ensures that the quality and style of the show are consistency achieved
- Complete work quickly at an advanced level within (or prior) to the deadline given
- Proactively communicate problems and issues early on and provide solutions when possible
Required Experience/Professional Skills:
- 4+ years of experience as a Storyboard Artist on an animation production
- Superior knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro and have a valid license for 5.5
- Manage timelines ensuring work is delivered on schedule
- Ability to work remotely, organize and multi-task
- Ability to quickly and effectively illustrate in any style required
- Proven and Effective communication skills both written and verbal
Why work with us?
Perks! Perks! Perks! Not only is 9 Story Media Group an amazing place full of artists, animators and creators from all corners of the industry, but we focus on helping staff grow and develop in their careers and make them long time team members. Along with a great work environment, we offer first-rate health + dental benefits, summer hours, paid Health and Wellness Days, vacation periods that multiply with tenure, and more! We may love animation, but we love our employees even more!
Our Toronto office can be found in the cool and trendy Liberty Village with over 300 artists working on award-winning animated children’s content.
Check out our website at: www.9story.com/jobs
Applicants need to be legally eligible to work in Canada and have an Ontario Residency.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. Should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please let us know your requirements when contacted.