3D FX Artist
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto studio is looking for a talented FX Artist for our brand-new spooky 3D series. And let’s just say this isn’t your typical preschool show. The FX Artist uses their keen eye for design and knowledge of real-world physics to create high-quality visual effects, such as smoke, fire, water and dust, to add to the atmosphere of this exciting new series!
You’ll get to:
- Create effects for assigned shots, ensuring continuity and flow within and between shots and sequences
- Work with Lead FX Artist to ensure that all individually assigned FX deliverables are completed fully and in line with production schedule and overall vision of the series
- Attend FX reviews for assigned sequences
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems and escalate technical issues as required
- Maintain a convention of file naming structures for all shots that is compatible within Jam Filled Production pipeline
- Remain current and up-to-date in FX techniques through industry research and training
- Perform additional duties as required
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 2+ years’ CG Visual FX experience in a production environment
- Completed post-secondary education classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Feature film experience an asset
- Good working knowledge of Maya FX tools, Houdini, or other FX plug-ins ie. Real Flow
- Experience with Maya particles/dynamics and particle expressions
- Background in traditional art an asset
- Basic understanding of animation styles and techniques and the animation production pipeline as a whole
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to learn quickly and comprehend custom in-house production tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet tight deadlines, and perform to standard in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of any or all of the following a plus:
- Cloth dynamics (NCloth and/or Syflex)
- Compositing principles
- Any scripting language
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.
Apply here: https://boatrocker.catsone.com/careers/71401-Jam-Filled/jobs/14198024-3D-FX-Artist
Comments are closed.