Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for intermediate – senior level Lighters for a brand-new spooky project!
You’ll get to:
- Light/Composite assigned quota of production shots based on established key shots as well as creative direction from Lighting Leads, Lighting Supervisor.
- Ensure that production shots are completed according to schedule.
- Ensure resolution of technical issues.
- Troubleshoot and debug shot problems.
- Make certain that all quality standards are achieved, that shot continuity is maintained, and that shots meet rendering criteria.
- Collaborate with members of other departments as necessary to ensure proper completion of shots.
- Ensure efficient organization of individual work/files.
- Remain current and up-to-date in lighting techniques through industry research and training.
- Perform additional duties as required.
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 3+ years of high-end CG animation production experience (feature film experience preferred).
- Well knowledge of Nuke or Fusion.
- Sound working knowledge of Maya.
- Completed post-secondary education in fine arts, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study, with proven artistic and technical lighting abilities.
- Mental Ray experience an asset.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to convey creative and technical thoughts and ideas to others.
- Proven understanding of the entire lighting/compositing process (experience using Digital Fusion or Nuke).
- Knowledge of MEL scripting a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker Media is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from all interested individuals across all gender and sexual identities, indigenous identity, ethno-racial identity, place of origin, age and ability.