Title: Assistant Production Manager
Division: Family Brands
Department: Production, Family Brands
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Reporting To: Manager, Production
About Entertainment One
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) specialises in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film, television and music production and sales; family programming, merchandising and licensing; digital content; and live entertainment. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity.
eOne’s Family Brands division is an exciting, fast growing team within the global Hasbro family that specialises in the development, production, distribution and brand management of kid’s entertainment. Key properties in the brand portfolio include international pre-school TV phenomenon Peppa Pig; superhero hit PJ Masks; newly launched pre-school series Ricky Zoom; fashion brands My Little Pony and Jem; as well as action adventure brands Transformers: Rescue Bots and Power Rangers.
The Assistant Production Manager will begin managing full productions under the guidance of a Production Manager, Creative Producer and Head of Production. This includes delegating, collaborating and leading tasks for the Assistants and Coordinators in their roles.
- Work with Production Manager, Producers and Production Executives to prep all parts of the production, obtaining all necessary materials for production.
- Foresee what will be needed for both the Production Manager and Producers for each of their sessions in each department (i.e.: pre-production, production, edit, online, spotting, etc) and making sure all materials are there and ready for their arrival from all suppliers and inhouse departments.
- Create micro schedules from the master series schedules.
- Assist with presentations, meetings and other misc. requests.
- Reaching out to and hiring artists for specific roles in various departments and handing out assignments. Handling and submitting paperwork and other payment for artists.
- Work with Production Team for deck/presentation design and other materials for broadcasters/inhouse presentations or clients.
- Set up and work with in-house Producers, Writers, Artists.
- Meet and track all deadlines for production with Production Manager.
- Track all projects in production with weekly production reports under Production Managers guidance, touching base with Production Executives for needs and actions to be taken.
- Organize and manage art asset set up. Working with archives as well.
- Helping with getting supplier ballparks and quotes (i.e. Stock Footage).
- Update and distribute multiple reports with Coordinators and Assistants
- Organizing the main drive and keeping it tidy for all to use on each production.
- Take extensive notes during meetings.
- Other misc. tasks, assignments and duties as needed.
- Degree or certification; Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years previous work experience in Animation production coordination or equivalent production experience.
- Strong knowledge of Animation workflow processes.
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Word, Excel, FileMaker Pro, Google Docs, Final Draft
- Computer skills preferred: Photoshop, Toon Boom, Storyboard Pro, Adobe Acrobat, Shotgun
- Ability to adapt to changing software applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with production team including Producers, Directors and artists via written and verbally.
- Great attention to details.
- Must have the ability to organize, schedule, and delegate work effectively.
- A pro-active and effective problem solver.
- Ability to lead with a positive attitude and encourage collaboration.
- First-rate time management skills with the ability to balance priorities amid the pressures of busy, deadline-driven production.
In this role, you will achieve…
- Managing a production from pre-production through to post.
- Creating schedules from Micro to Master
- Getting to know all artists and suppliers
- Delegating and leading the Coordinators /Assistants
What you’ll be a part of:
Taking care: competitive health and dental coverage
Investing in your future: employee stock option purchase plan, and local defined contribution pension plans
Break time: free snacks and reduced hours in summer
Party time: office bar carts, after work drinks, holiday and summer parties, and sometimes just because
Be inspired: regular film screenings, concerts, and opportunity to get involved in industry events
The office: modern facilities and in-house screening rooms
Build a better world: transcend entertainment to our corporate social responsibility activities. Plan a social event. Promote healthy lifestyles. Go green. Give back.
Grow: develop your career and shape your future
We thank everyone for their interest but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.