Job Posting: Storyboard Supervisor
Toronto, ON (Remote)
Industrial Brothers is looking for an experienced Storyboard Supervisor to join our team for our exciting new animated series productions!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
In this role you will lead Storyboard Artists and the overall storyboard process, while working closely with the Director to ensure the style of the show is communicated to the team.
- Work closely with the Director to implement the objectives of the storyboard and manage complexities of production
- Assist Director with / or create comprehensive script notes (technical and reuse notes) for storyboard hand-outs for remote artists
- Supervise storyboard revisionists and manage storyboard department according to the needs of production
- Supervise breakdowns and reference gathering for storyboard packages
- Review and do revisions for storyboards during animatic process to ensure continuity and hook-ups
- Ensure quality and style of show is consistently achieved in storyboard work
- Meet all deadlines as determined by the Producer or Production Manager
- Troubleshoots storyboards that are not up to the creative and technical standards of the series
- Re-boarding segments or taking on pages of late storyboards in order to stay within the production schedule
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a Storyboard Supervisor (or similar position) in either broadcast or feature film work
- Strong knowledge of Toon Boom Storyboard Pro
- Manage timelines ensuring work is delivered on schedule
- Proven and Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- A good understanding of cinematography and staging
- Strong drawing skills
- Must be open to direction
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple tasks in a fast-paced production
- Ability to quickly and effectively illustrate in any style required
- Experience working in short format episodic space is an asset
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.