Job Posting: Technical Director
Toronto, ON (Remote)
Industrial Brothers is looking for an experienced Technical Director with Houdini experience to join our team on a new 3D Animated action-adventure series for Netflix. It is an exciting opportunity to be a part of one of the fastest growing studios in Toronto and to be involved in a leading edge pipeline based on Pixar’s Universal Scene Description open source technology and SideFX Houdini’s new Solaris context and tools.
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists , led by the dedication of its producers, and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
In the role of Technical Director you will create and support a pipeline and artist tools for a series animation production. The studio environment is friendly, fast-paced, and nimble. It’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of building a studio from the ground up.
- Research, design, develop and test proprietary production tools and pipeline libraries used for series animation
- Use the Shotgun Toolkit API to customize front-end and back-end solutions unique to production needs
- Occasionally provide technical support to solve ongoing production issues
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure production and pipeline requirements are met
- Ability to think critically, diagnose, and solve problems on your own and collaboratively
- Ability to write clear documentation and test your own work
- Comfortable with being a generalist
- Excellent communication skills
- Competence with Python
- Experience with Maya or other 3D animation production software
- Understanding of 2D/3D animation workflows and pipeline
- Shotgun Toolkit and Shotgun API experience
- Familiar with PyQt, PySide or other GUI building libraries
- Experience in other programming languages like C++
- Object oriented programming skills
- Knowledge of Git or other revision control systems
- Comfortable with other major 3D animation and compositing applications and plugins such as: Houdini, Fusion, Nuke, Mari, VRay, etc.
- Experience with Deadline render management software or equivalent
- Functional knowledge of databases (MySQL, Mongo, etc.)
- Comfortable with both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and ability to work iteratively
- Some basic system administration skills
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.