Job Posting: Animatic Editor
Toronto, ON (Remote)
Industrial Brothers is looking for an Animatic Editor to join our team for our exciting new animated series productions!
Industrial Brothers is a full-service animation studio that creates and produces its own children’s content.
Driven by the imagination of its artists, led by the dedication of its producers and inspired by the innovation of its tech team, Industrial Brothers has created brands that span across toys, TVs and interactive experiences.
As Animatic Editor you will work in close collaboration with the Director to achieve their artistic vision for the production. You are the definer of timing for storyboards to animatic.
- Working collaboratively with the Storyboard Supervisor and Director, assemble storyboard panels into edit and apply timing principles of great storytelling to create compelling episodes
- Address broadcaster and client feedback at each animatic pass
- Work efficiently, on multiple episodes at a time (for short format content only)
- Assist with day-to-day needs of production
- Assist in setting up new project using established format guidelines
- Update and maintain projects and media files in an efficient and organized fashion
- Provide support for delivery to client and post-production
- Be mindful of scheduling and notify the team of any issues that could cause delays
- Bachelor’s degree in Animation, Film, Art, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum 1 year of animation editorial experience
- Solid understanding of editorial concepts and pipelines
- Understanding of animation pre-production, production, and post-production processes
- Experience working in short format episodic space is an asset
Ontario residency and Canadian Citizenship required.
Interested candidates to share the link their demo reels, along with their resume.
Industrial Brothers is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
All candidates MUST be a Canadian Citizen or have PR Status or have an Open Work Permit. We are not able to review applications from artist that are non Citizens/PR/Work Permit holders.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!