Jam Filled Entertainment – Storyboard Artist
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for a Storyboard Artist to assist with 2 boards on one of our signature series. We work on a 4-week schedule per board. The Storyboard Artist will create the board working from the Script, Nat Pause, and a breakdown of key action points provided by the Director at the Storyboard launch. They will formulate sequences for presentation and review, and revise sequences as per Director feedback. They will also actively contribute in offering creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems.
You’ll get to:
- Create the board working from the script, nat pause and action points breakdown
- Formulate sequences for presentation to the Director for review
- Note required revisions
- Revise sequences as per Director feedback
- Actively contribute in offering creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 3-5 years of relevant storyboarding experience within the animation industry
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study
- Strong drawing skills with the ability to produce visually appealing artwork
- Experience with digital storyboard programs is essential (i.e. StoryBoard Pro, SketchBook Pro, Photoshop, etc…)
- Good understanding of the possibilities and limitations of CG animation
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of focus, with the ability to concentrate on one concept for long periods of time
- Working knowledge of cinematography, composition, film structure, and screen direction
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio site here: Apply Now