Jam Filled Entertainment – Storyboard Revisionist
Jam Filled is a dynamic workplace for like-minded creative artists, we will remind you why you love cartooning: every project is produced with an eye for quality and an ear for fun!
Our Toronto Studio is looking for a Storyboard Revisionist to assist our Storyboard team on one of our signature series!
You’ll get to:
- Follow notes from Storyboard Supervisor and Directors to revise episodic storyboards
- Clean up and redraw board sequences if necessary
- Actively contribute to group brainstorming sessions, and offer creative and resourceful solutions for storyboard-related problems
- Ensure quality and style of show is maintained throughout all storyboard work
- Maintain strong communication with Storyboard Artists, Supervisors and Directors to flag any progress or issues and ensure all deadlines are met
- Keep up-to-date on current and new storyboarding technology and techniques
This will be your JAM if you have:
- 2-4 years of relevant storyboard revisionist experience within the animation industry
- Completed post-secondary education in classical or 3D animation, art fundamentals, or other relevant area of study Strong drawing skills with the ability to produce visually appealing artwork
- Experience with digital storyboard programs (i.e. StoryBoard Pro, SketchBook Pro, Photoshop, etc…)
- Good understanding of the possibilities and limitations of 2D and CG animation
- Ability to adapt working style to varying budget and schedule parameters
- High level of creativity, with the ability to perform to standard under tight deadlines
- Ability to handle feedback and constructive criticism well
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of focus, with the ability to concentrate on one concept for long periods of time
- Working knowledge of cinematography, composition, film structure, and screen direction
What’s in it for you?
- Healthcare and dental
- Competitive remuneration
- Close proximity to the downtown core and public transportation
- Various activities, team-building events and parties
- Flexible work hours
- Focus on work/life balance
Boat Rocker is committed to hiring and supporting diverse candidates. We strongly encourage applications from people who identify as being part of an under-represented and equity-deserving group. This would include people who identify as racialized, Black, Indigenous, women, LGBTQ2SI+, and having a disability among others. We also recognize the importance of intersectional identities in our hiring and retention.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio site here: Apply Now