Relic Entertainment, award winning developers of Homeworld, Dawn of War and the highest rated RTS of all time, Company of Heroes, is looking for an experienced and motivated SENIOR ANIMATOR to join our team. Experience freedom of creativity and know your contribution is valued and recognized – by the Relic team, and also by gamers and industry experts around the globe.
The Senior Animator position contributes at a very high level to the product and Relic as a whole. The Senior Animator should regularly be setting examples of communication, initiative, teamwork, and productivity while working to upgrade the skill and knowledge of the team and Animation Department through mentoring, education, and direction.
Check out our trailer at: http://www.spacemarine.com/#/en/
- Use Autodesk 3D Studio Max and proprietary in-house animation tools to create natural, realistic, highly polished animations with minimum supervision.
- Work closely with the Art Director and/or Lead Animator to develop animations that fit the projects style, using appropriate reference materials.
- A deep understanding of the requirements and mechanics of creating AAA games
- Potentially responsible for supervising an animation team
- Mentor less experienced animators
- Proactively recognize problems, and troubleshoot solutions.
- Work closely with Design to develop in game animation visualisations
- A passion to create compelling, well timed animation – as evident in a demo reel that will knock our socks off
- Minimum 3 years experience as an animator in the games industry
- Successfully shipped at least one AAA game, or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Strong layout and camera work understanding and ability
- Excellent understanding of human/non human locomotion, timing, weight and balance
- Ability to learn fast, take initiative with assigned tasks and follow through creative and technical troubleshooting
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Efficient, reliable, self motivated, passionate about animation
- Ability to plan and schedule effectively
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies a plus