C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures located in downtown Toronto is currently looking for experienced FX Artists to work on a dynamic new pre-teen animated series that will be aired on a major U.S. television network.
The company was founded in 1994 and is one of Canada’s leading digital visual effects and animation studios. Over a decade later, C.O.R.E. has successfully built three divisions: C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures, C.O.R.E. Toons and C.O.R.E. Feature Animation. Over the years, with the underlying philosophy that a studio designed by artists for artists fosters the best creative environment, C.O.R.E. has produced award-winning work for more than 55 Feature Films, 24 Television Series and 24 Movies of the Week.
C.O.R.E. offers an exciting work environment; our open work structure allows for creativity and fun at the same time. The continuous flow of interesting new projects that are awarded from major studios and production companies makes working at C.O.R.E. a unique and fulfilling experience.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Excellent understanding of 3D animation tools using Maya
• Excellent understanding and experience with 2D and 3D particle and “sprite” systems, and other relevant plug-ins and support tools.
• Experience with Maya Ncloth is preferred
• Experience with Real Flow is preferred
• Must have strong visual and technical skills.
• Scripting or other advanced technical/automation knowledge is an asset.
• Ability to create re-usable effect setups with appropriate and intuitive controls for other artists.
• Ability to setup and render final frames in a production pipeline.
• Excellent understanding of directory structures, databases, specific naming conventions, and file management.
• Excellent knowledge of common production platforms and operating systems
• Must understand 3D and 2D rendering tools and techniques.
• Post grad diploma in animation preferred
• Training/knowledge in animation
• 3-5 years of professional experience preferred
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create required quotas of finished effects per week on professional grade animated productions
• Required to check in with Directors, review notes and instruction regularly
• Take creative direction from Leads and/or Layout Supervisor
• Post completed work internally and communicate progress to managers
• Make timely corrections to work when required
• Additional duties as assigned
Qualified applicants can email their websites to email@example.com or send their resumes, demo reels in DVD-R format including shot breakdown to:
C.O.R.E. Digital Pictures Recruiting
461 King St. West
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.