Purpose of Position
The incumbent will be responsible for the entire animation of the main character on one of our renowned license
– Contribute to the definition of the main character’s psyche and persona
– Translate the main character’s personality through its movements, using animation (Role interpretation)
– Work closely with the Animation Director to define the quality standards of the main character animation.
– Follow the Technical Director’s guidelines on the production pipeline, tools, file management, and gaming engine specific features.
– In accordance to the game design documents, build motion trees and animation lists for the main character’s actions.
– Work together with programmers and Technical Director to validate intentions on animation to produce and to understand the animation systems technical feasibility
– Produce the main character’s animations, aiming for the highest quality, and conveying strong character.
– Process the animation using the projects very own techniques in order to maximize playability comfort and reaction time
– Integrate the main character’s animations in the engine and perform in-game check-ups to validate behavior and motion
– Ensure that any modifications and/or additions to the game, software, or engine that will improve the main character animations are carried out.
– Handle retakes, adjustments and modifications needed for main character animations
– Ensure main character consistency. Fix any movement and character discontinuities
– Manage main character related files and data
– Address any animation issue for the main character, and handle its’ bugs.
– Carry out all related tasks
Attestation of College Studies in game-oriented 3D animation technique or any other equivalent training.
Must Have :
– Main character animation experience in a AAA game
– 5 and more years of experience in video game animation, or any other relevant experience.
– Experience in acrobatic animation as well as close combat (sword fight, hand to hand…)
-Attention to detail; the character’s movements are key elements of the player’s experience.
-Adaptability, suppleness, flexibility, open mind
-Open to constructive criticism
-Good collaboration with members of the animation team and other team members on the project