Your friends will call in the middle of the night, cursing you. When you see them, they’ll wear sunglasses to conceal their bloodshot eyes, and they’ll be alone, because their romantic interests left them without even texting goodbye. They won’t be able to stop playing. It’s a terrible fate, but I’m afraid it’s what we want. And we need your help.
We’re collaborative, cunning, and fiendishly fun, and we want to hear how you can make our game even better. We’re triple-A, strategic, action and adventure. We’re cooperative, online, console-geared and ready to achieve escape velocity. Your friends will bow at your god-like feet…
Everybody wants to make great games. Come to Relic, and you will.
Check out our game trailer at: http://www.spacemarine.com/#/en/
- Develop tools & refine pipelines for the animation production process, including the integration of keyframe, mocap, procedural, and run-time dynamic animation.
- Create and maintain “animator-friendly” rigs.
- Proactively seek out inefficiencies and problems in existing processes as well as potential problems.
- Help track efficiency of asset pipeline and processes throughout the life of the project, improving and enhancing them where necessary.
- Troubleshoot asset pipelines and processes in use.
- Work with other disciplines to ensure the quality of the characters and animation for all aspects of the project.
- Create and maintain documents outlining animation needs, including in-game animation, motion capture shoots, and animation critiques.
- Check assets for technical integrity before integrating them into the game.
Please email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Must have solid understanding and demonstrated ability to work on 3DS MAX, Maya or equivalent 3D Software.
- Must be able to work comfortably with MAXScript.
- Must demonstrate initiative and strong problem-solving skills in regard to all types of rigging and animation techniques.
- Must have 3+ years experience in the game industry or 5+ years in 3D Computer Graphics Industry as an Animator or Rigger.
- Must have worked on at least 2 games that shipped.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or similar is preferred.
Sample Work Required:
- Strong art portfolio demonstrating proficiency and talent with both CG and traditional art skills. (preferably delivered via online or CD\DVD)
- Samples, demonstrations, or documentation of tools\pipelines developed to overcome previous challenges.