China Partnership Programs
This position is open to any qualified candidate
Duties: Animation instruction in animation, design, modelling, rigging, after effects, ZBrush.
Date of Workload: ASAP to February 2010
Amt. of Workload: Up to 10 sections available (1 section is equal to a four hour class per week for 15 weeks)
Location: Harbin University of Science and Technology
Harbin City, Heilongjiang Province China
Salary: Faculty Scale (approx. CDN $6,600 per section)
Accommodations provided. Economy airfare to work location. No return ticket to/from Canada for candidate sourced within China.
• Industry experience;
• Competence using Autodesk/Alias Maya, Pixologic Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop;
• Strong drawing and design skills;
• Teaching and/or living in China experience an asset
• Understanding of and respect for foreign customs and culture, including openness and sensitivity to cultural differences;
• Ability to work as a committed team player with other instructors and Chinese colleagues;
• Flexibility and willingness to adjust work times if necessary;
• Adaptability to local living conditions;
• Ability to adjust to a variety of work circumstances;
• A passion for working with individuals for whom English is not a first language;
• Bachelor’s degree in Animation, or equivalent.
Faculty of Fine & Applied Arts
2055 Purcell Way
North Vancouver, B.C.